Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Nam

I just got back from Hanoi, Vietnam. Sandra managed to get me to drink snake's blood. The first shot is always the best. They cut the still beating heart out of a cobra and mix it with his bile. If you're as quick as I am, you drink the heart while it's still beating. Wimps like Sandra just drink the straight blood. I have some graphic photos of the event, but they won't appear on this PG-13 blog. They cook the cobra 10 different ways for you. It's really quite good. It cost us $20 per person. I think our moto driver took a big slice of that.

The non-snake photos are of the prison that held American POWs called the "Hanoi Hilton". I think the real name is Hoa Lo prison.

Another highlight of the trip was our visit to Ha Long Bay. We used Sandra's camera to take the photos. I'll post them if she ever e-mails them. Don't hold your breath.

The French used this on the Vietnamese.

The entrance to the "Hanoi Hilton".





Dinner



This is booze, not preservative.
















Lizard Juice







3 comments:

JOn said...

sir!! update!!!! how come your cbox is not working!! grr.. haha

rory said...

One thing for sure though,I would never drink lizard juice.I'll prolly have constipation.argh!

The Saint said...

I passed on the lizard juice. Snake blood is good, but lizard juice is just wrong.