Friday, January 16, 2009

Old Pictures from Laos Holiday



This is me in Vientiane on the last night of my holiday. Overall, it was a pretty boring trip, but I might go back because I didn't spend much time in Vientiane and it seemed like a pretty cool place.



Me in front of Laos Central Bank. The currency in Laos is known as Kip. If you have any Kip left at the end of your vacation, it works quite nicely as toilet paper.




Here I am in Vang Vieng. This place is hippie paradise. A popular pastime here is floating down the river in a tube while drinking. Unfortunately, I had a small disagreement with the tube mafia and I was banned for life before even touching a tube. Another popular way to pass time in Vang Vieng is to visit a cafe and sample the "happy menu". This town might be the only place in the world where you can order an opium fruit shake.

No comments: