Monday, March 12, 2007

A Dialogue with a Cabbie

I was exiting the Museum of Fine Art in Jakarta and I needed a ride back to my chateaux in Jaksa. Taxi drivers here are nothing like the evil drivers in Malaysia. Here is a brief example from my travels last night.

Saint: Good evening sir. I am wondering if you could give me a ride back to my place in Jaksa?

Cabbie: Of course I can sir.

Saint: How much?

Cabbie: Since you're a foreigner it's free.

Saint: Oh, god bless you and your ancestors.

Cabbie: God bless me? God bless you! I will hug you!

Saint: Then let's hug.

It's funny that at the end of this altercation I actually accepted a ride with this particular cabbie. We exchanged a few pleasantries on the way home.

P.S. If I ever go missing or something, I want the photo from this post to appear on the news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.evil taxi in Malaysia. Hugs hmm. maybe he is ***