Sunday, March 11, 2007

Glorious City of Jakarta

Day One

I arrived in Jakarta yesterday. I was determined to get out of the airport without being ripped off. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. My hotel is reasonably priced, but I didn't get any discount. I've lost a lot of my bargaining skills. Perhaps it's because I hadn't slept in over 24 hours when I checked in. What did I do on my first day? I slept till about 6:00 pm. After that, I walked around and realized that there really isn't much to see here. Finally, I decided relax in a cafe. To anyone reading this who may visit Jakarta in the future, please note that the Romance Cafe is the exact opposite of romantic.

Day Two

Woke up at 11:57 am and went for breakfast. It was interesting to see that one of the regulars from the Romance Cafe was having a beer for breakfast. In fact, I suspect that the party never stops for that guy. Now I'm at a PC cafe doing this blog thing. The computer I'm on was probably built in the mid to late 80's. I'm not sure how clear the web cam pic will be because everything I look at on this computer is almost completely black. Anyways, I'm going back to my hotel now to read and sleep some more. Sounds interesting, eh?

2 comments:

Me said...

there s much better bars in jakarta than romance mate...http://www.pubcrawlasia.com/indonesia/indonesia.htm

Anonymous said...

sounds like an interesting day