Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Ben Teh Incident




Ben was my student in I.B. last semester. All semester we would argue about who is the greatest wrestler of all time. I said Hulk Hogan and he said the Nature Boy Rick Flair. We almost fought a few times. By the end of the semster I turned him into a Hulkamaniac.



The Incident

Ben was hanging out with some of my current students today. They saw me and asked me if I'd like to join them for lunch.

Ben: Sir, why do you always eat lunch alone?

Sir: I just like to eat quickly and get back to work.

Edmund: Sir, can you speak Mandarin?

Sir: Not really, I only know a few survival words.

Ben: But you must know all the bad words right?

Sir: Not really, never used them. I think I know one.

Edumund: Which one?

Sir: I don't want to say it because it might offend you.

Edmund: Just say it!

Sir: *&! $#

Edmund: Oh, you mean @#$ %^

Sir: Yeah, I guess so.

Edmund: Nice try sir.....

Ben was drinking some kind of milk tea at the time and I'm not sure what triggered it, but when Edmund said, "Nice try sir" Ben started convulsing with laughter. I'm not going to say what happened next, but let's just say that my lunch was inedible after that.

Ben Teh: I.B. student 4 life.

No comments: