Monday, March 10, 2008

Classic Moments in I.B. (Part One)

We did some role-plays in I.B. class about cultural sensitivity and adaptability.



Private Dancer

Two Malaysian business women went on a trip to Japan. They met two Japanese business women to close a major deal over some sake and noodles. Things really heated up when the group went to a club for drinks. This was no ordinary club. It was a male strip club. The Malaysian business women seemed a bit shocked at first, but quickly adapted to the situation.

I really felt sorry for the stripper. He looked like a classic human trafficking victim. He must have been promised a job teaching English, but upon arrival he was thrown on stage.



After a little while it seemed like he had been dancing for years.



Edmund, Ganesh, Samanta, and Kirtti starred in a role-play titled "More Than U Bargained For."

Kirtti played the owner of a sleazy hotel in India. He expected his guests to share their bed with him. I'm pretty sure that's not a custom in India, but when Kirtti played the role it seemed like the most natural thing in the world.




I'm not sure if I'm joking around or actually angry, but I am sure that my hair is outstanding.

No comments: