Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Teaching in Malaysia










TEACHING IN MALAYSIA
Since I've had a few requests from people looking for information about teaching in Malaysia, I'm going to compile it all on this post and refer people here. When I get more information, I'll simply edit this post.

TEACHER TRAINING
Interested in doing the CELTA in Malaysia?

http://www.britishcouncil.org/malaysia-courses-and-programmes-teacher-training.htm?mtklink=malaysia-courses-and-programmes-teacher-training

UNIVERSITY-COLLEGES

Three univerisity-colleges that I know hire foreign teachers. It helps a lot if you're Canadian.

Most of the foreigners who live in my complex work at Sunway. I haven't talked to them, so I have no further comments. You need to be an Ontario certified teacher to work in this program. They also offer A-Levels and a program from Australia. I don't know if they hire foreigners for those.







Same deal here as with Sunway. Your best chance of getting hire is by being an Ontario certified teacher. Taylor's also offers A-Levels and SAM.




I really don't know too much about INTI. There is a campus located beside my school, but I never see any foreigners working there. My friend worked as an English teacher at INTI College Sarawak. He did not have a teaching degree, but his undergrad was in English.
Language Schools
If you want a job at a language school try International House.
I'm currently searching for more language schools that hire foreigners. it's a big challenge.



No comments: