Friday, October 20, 2006

A Dangerous Situation (Once Again, Family Members Don't Read)


As I was leaving for work Thursday morning I had to leave my bike on the kickstand for a moment in order to lock my gate. The bike fell over and oil and gas started to leak. On the way to work my bike started to clunk out in top gear. I figure I'd needed to go get it repaired. However, the gas and oil didn't leak for the rest of the day. The ride home was fine, but I was never in top gear.
I took the bike out later that night to go back to my school. On my way home, my bike completely gave out while I was in the fast lane of the highway. I managed to pull over just because my bike was still rolling, but with no power. Luckily, there was a gap in traffic and I was ok.
The problem was that I ran out of gas. My bike's gas gauge doesn't work. I was also lucky that there was a gas station about 100 meters away. Since it only costs about $1 CDN to keep the tank full, I'm not going to test my luck again.

No comments: